Monday, February 6, 2012

Will you be my Valentine?

So...I've been MIA for the past few weeks and I apologize!  I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time in Sunny California.  It was a work trip, but I did get to enjoy some California sun.  I can't wait to share some about the trip!  BUT FIRST...I Love Valentine's Day!  I can't let another day go by without sharing my love of this LOVEly holiday!  Today's weekly rundown is brought to you by none other than cupid himself!
Ahhh-mazing

1.  I love Krispy Kreme's Valentine Doughnuts!  I love Krispy Kreme period, but when you pair the goodness of fried dough with chocolate and valentine sprinkles...DING DING DING...We have a winner!  This past Saturday, Derek and I were drawn to the KK by the red neon "Fresh Hot Now!"  My face absolutely lit up when I saw the Valentine doughnuts and Derek knew we couldn't leave without one.  So my friends....here is my Valentine doughnut!  Now, do yourself a favor and go grab you a couple!

2.  I love Chocolate and Flowers!  When I think of Valentine's Day, I think about chocolate and flowers of all sorts.  Maybe it's the commercials or all the hearts in the stores.  My favorite is dark chocolate of any kind.  There is just something about it that makes my heart smile.  So fella's go grab you sweetie some sweet chocolate, she will love you forever.  One of my most favorite Valentine's memories was when I was in college and involved flowers.  I was having a rough few weeks and on Valentine's I got the sweetest surprise from my parents all the way in Boone.  My mom had the most beautiful flowers sent to me which made me feel like the most special girl in the world.  Flowers can brighten anyone's day, not just on Valentine's Day!

3.  I love decorating with Conversation Hearts!  Every year my mom does this fancy little decorating with conversation hearts.  She fills a clear vase with the candy and places a candle inside.  It's so simple, but super cute.
4.  I love Sophie Kinsella!  I'm a girl, and I love girly, sappy, easy to read books.  One of my favorite authors when I'm looking for a light read is Sophie Kinsella.  She wrote the "Shopaholic" series.  So far my favorite book by her would have to be "The Undomestic Goddess."   This Valentine's Day, her NEW book comes out and I am super excited!  The title of her new book is "I've Got Your Number."  I will be downloading this to my kindle!

5.  I love my sweetheart!  I know....another sappy post, but it's Valentine's day so it's ok right?  I'm blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life (who does my laundry on Saturday while I'm at work).  I am super excited about my gift for Derek this year!  I absolutely can't wait to give it to him....I just hope it loves it as much as me.  I'll share with you what it is in a few days!


Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!



1 comment:

  1. You're back! Yay! Love it! Will you be my Valentine? Love you, mom.

    ReplyDelete