Thursday, February 23, 2012

Did you miss me?

Excuses...excuses!  That's all I ever give to make me feel better about not blogging.  I've let my loyal followers down again.  This time we had a pretty big excuse....computer problems.  With that said...I'll begin my weekly rundown!


1.  LOVE our new MacBook Pro.  Derek and I have known for quite a while that we needed a new computer and we have just put it off.  Luckily, Santa brought us a few Best Buy gift cards because he also knew we needed to make a purchase.  After lots of research, we decided on the MacBook.  So far we just adore it.  Maybe we adore it because it actually works...it was funny to watch us turn on the old computer with our fingers crossed praying it would work!  


2.  Lunch with one of my oldest and dearest friends makes my happy!  This past weekend, I had the pleasure of having lunch with my Janice.  We have been friends since I can remember.  Growing up we lived about a mile from each other and our parents bought us two-way radios so we wouldn't keep the phone line busy....those were the days.  As we have grown older, we don't see each other as much, but when we do it's just like old times.  I feel like we could talk for hours about anything and everything.  I wish we could still have slumber parties like we used to and stay up all night gossiping and laughing.  For now, lunch will do.  Thanks for being my best buddy JET....you are a wonderful mom, wife, and friend!


3.  I love NASCAR...just kidding!  As I'm sitting here blogging, my dear husband is watching Nascar.  Which only reminds me that for the next couple months, my Sundays will involve some sort of Nascar.  I'm not going to lie, the sport is sort of growing on me.  Before Derek, I never watched racing, and since we have been together it has grown on me.  We went to a race a few years ago and believe or not it was very fun.  So for the next few Sunday's I will be looking forward to the very beginning of the race to hear Darryl Waltrip say "BOOGITY BOOGITY....Let's go Racin' Boys!"  HAHAHA!


4.  LOVE Broadway shows!  A few years ago, I went to New York with some friends and saw my first Broadway Musical, "The Lion King."  It was AMAZING.  I'm not the type of person that enjoys musicals, but this was great.  Everyone needs to go experience it at least one time.  While in New York we wanted to see "Wicked," and of course it was sold out.  I got super excited when I found out it was coming to Durham this summer, and even more excited when Derek got me tickets for Valentine's Day (isn't he sweet).


5.  LOVE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!  It's that time of the year again!  Time for those cute little girls to sell those wonderful little cookies.  Derek came home with a box, and my eyes lit up like it was Christmas.  Truth be told, I teared up a little I was so excited!  My favorite is the Caramel Delights. That yummy cookie surrounded by caramel and little bits of coconut, dunked and drizzled in chocolate....absolute heaven.  




Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment