Friday, October 14, 2011

Introducing the Stevens'


I've been obsessed lately with blogs....I LOVE finding good ones and learning about all the interesting things out there and fun things going on in different people's lives.  I've been telling my husband, Derek, that I wanted to start one just to chronicle our lives as newlyweds and keep our family updated in the craziness of our life.  


SO....I'll start my first blog with a little background on "Our Life with Emma!"  


We are Ashley & Derek.  We met in high school years ago but it wasn't until after college and after our careers started that we "re-met" and made new first impressions.  We went on our first date in June of 2009 and have been together ever since. We were married on October 1st of this year in a beautiful and perfect ceremony at a vineyard in Pine Level surrounded by our amazing family and friends.  (I'll share more about that event on a later date.)


(Can you tell Derek is an ECU Pirate fan?)
During our first year of dating, Derek decided he needed a companion and that is where Emma (or as the AKC knows her as "Derek's Miss Emma Belle) comes into the picture.  Emma is a sweet 90lb yellow lab who still thinks she is a 20lb puppy.  She has the greatest personality and everyday she surprises us with new tricks, new disasters, and makes us complete as we start our family.  So....this blog is dedicated to Miss Emma Belle :)




Emma's First Week at Home 
Our "Little" Girl






1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!! I can't wait to read more :)! Congratulations to you both and Emma is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete