Thursday, October 20, 2011

Friday Five...Featuring the Birthday Girl!

One of my goals of this blog is to give you weekly the Friday Five, I got the idea from the one and only Rachel Ray (my fav).  My hope for the Friday Five is to share with you some of the things I absolutely love and can't live without.  So without further introduction...here is my FIRST Friday Five!

1.  I love Pumpkins....One of my most favorite things about fall are pumpkins.  They are so bright and happy and just plain out make me smile.  Hopefully before too long, Derek and I can carve our own and we can share with you!


2.  I love Appalachian State University...I am beyond excited for the weekend.  It is homecoming weekend at my Alma mater.  I was so lucky to be able to go to school in the beautiful NC Mountains.  This weekend is extra special, because all of my favorite people will be in the same place for an entire weekend for some fun, football, tailgating, and remembering college days.  


3.  I love my Holland Companion Grill...Last year for my birthday, my parents bought me a travel Holland grill. Derek and I try to be avid tailgaters as much as possible and this is the perfect addition to our tailgate extravaganza!  "Holland," as I call her, will be attending homecoming with us this weekend.






4.  I love afternoons with Emma...As soon as Derek and I got back from our honeymoon, we moved Emma from Derek's parents house to our house.  As soon as I get home from work, I see our little girl smiling as I drive in the driveway.  She is so excited her whole body goes crazy and I just laugh.  We then spend the next half hour or so playing fetch, or going on a walk, or just hanging out in the sunshine.  I didn't realize it until now, but she is the perfect stress reliever.




  5.  I saved the best for last...I LOVE my baby sister (and my middle sister too).  This past week, the family celebrated a big event.  My baby sister turned 18.  It seems like just yesterday when Laura-Beth and I took the trip up to Raleigh with Nanny to see this new baby that was coming to live with us.  I was beyond excited, Laura on the other had was a little disappointed when she realized we weren't getting a puppy!  Erin has grown into a beautiful young lady and I can't wait to see what her future holds.  So this blog is for you Erin....Happy Birthday :) Derek and I love you!


Photo Credit Swank Photography

1 comment: