Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ashley Cooked...CRAZY

Many of you who read this know me very well.  Which means you know that cooking is not one of my strong points!  I have promised Derek that I would try a new recipe at least once a week, and so far I have kept the promise.  One of the first recipes I tried was a success, (unlike the roasted pumpkin seeds, but that is another post).  So.....I'll share!  I found this recipe in Paula Deen's October issue while we were relaxing on our honeymoon.  I hope you enjoy!


Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Chicken Cacciatore  (Makes 4 to 6 servings)


2     pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1     green bell pepper, chopped
1/2  onion chopped
1     tablespoon of bottled minced garlic
1     (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1     (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic, and oregano
1     teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/7  teaspoon crushed red pepper 
1     (16 ounce) package linguine (cooked & kept warm)


1.  Spray a large skilled with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium high heat.  Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes per side or until browned.  Remove from skillet, and keep warm.


2.  Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic to skillet, cook for 6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender.  Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper, stirring to combine.  Return chicken to skillet, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve over hot cooked linguine.


For me....this was a BIG (huge actually) accomplishment all on the first try!
This week's new recipe will be Pumpkin Bread...yum!  Derek and I tried the BEST pumpkin bread last fall at The Ham Shoppe in Valle Crucis, NC which is where my inspiration came from.  So...if you have any good recipes for pumpkin bread let me know!


2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...thanks so much Mary, what a compliment. I hope you will come back for more. I'm still a little new at this!!

    ReplyDelete