Monday, November 28, 2011

Drum Roll Please.....

I know you are all itching to find out our Big Announcement I hinted to last week....I've even had  few phone calls begging to know ;)  Well, thanks for being patient with us and here it is.....Derek and I have a new bundle of joy!  Our family of three (Derek, Emma, & I) is now a family of FOUR!  

About two weeks ago we adopted a special little kitty from the JoCo Animal Protection League.  If I would have blogged about her two weeks ago you would have heard about my frustration with this little girl...the first night we had her home it was a complete disaster, so much so I was ready to take her back.  Derek nor I got barely a wink of sleep.  They must have slipped her Mountain Dew before we left, she literally climbed the walls all night long!  I finally dozed off to sleep and when I woke up I found that she had DEMOLISHED dried flowers I had saved from the wedding.  I had them all nice and pretty on a dresser, and by the end of the night she had them on every inch of the bedroom floor.  At that point, her name was going to be Lucy, short for Lucifer...haha.  As time has passed, she is finally settling in and has made herself queen of the castle, without even considering Emma.

Without further anticipation, we would like to introduce to you our Sophie!  She has the sweetest little face and the sweetest personality to match.  I'm sure she will provide this blog with lots of material....silly girl.




I will leave you with one word of advice...DO NOT get a new kitten around Christmas time!  They LOVE Christmas trees!

1 comment:

  1. Torie "discovered" a tiny ginger tabby kitten in our front yard a few weeks ago and he can be sweet but he is such a climbing, marauding demon that he had to go OUT! Good luck with Sophie...she's a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete