Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Five....Halloween Edition

Ok guys, here is my second try at the FRIDAY FIVE!  This weeks Friday Five is going to be dedicated mostly to Halloween :)


1. Love this Halloween idea!  Everyone says you turn into your mom when you get older, and with each passing day I can tell you that it is TRUE (which I don't mind one bit).  My mom is an entertainer she loves planning parties and decorating for EVERY holiday even when we were kids.  So lately, I find myself scoping the internet for entertaining ideas.  I stumbled across this one from Martha Stewart.  I can't wait to host a little "gathering" and try this out!!  It's so easy and so fun.  Just a pumpkin and some ice, who would have thought!


2.  Georgetown cupcake = LOVE.  If you are like me, you get easily addicted to TLC shows.  One of my recent addictions was DC Cupcakes.  Lucky for us, Derek's brother and his wife lives in DC....which means (drum roll please) DC CUPCAKES FOR ME!!  Let me tell you, these cupcakes are amazing.  We try to get a dozen each time we visit.  They always do a "special" holiday dozen, so this is their super cute Halloween edition.  Next time you go to DC check this place out, you won't be disappointed.


3.  I love Corn Mazes, and Haunted ones too.  If you've never tried visiting a corn maze you should.  They are very fun and a little scary too.  They remind me so much of fall.  We have a corn maze near our house, and next weekend they are having a "pet" day....you know what that means!!!  MISS EMMA will be going to her first corn maze.  She is SO excited, I can't wait to share how it goes.


4.  I love my husband....I know what your thinking...oh no not some mushy post.  Sorry, but I do love my husband.  Tuesday makes an entire month since we've been married and we are enjoying every minute of married life.  Derek always makes me laugh and this picture makes me smile every time I see it....so in honor of Halloween check out our costumes...haha!


 5.  Pizza Night at Nanny's is love!  This Friday Five is not Halloween BUT it's pretty important.  My grandma is a baker and a great one at that.  About a year ago she experimented with her very own pizza.  Her pizza consists of a home-made crust and freshly grated mozzarella.  Can I just say WOW!  Ever since then we try and have pizza night every few weeks.  Last night was pizza night and I went over early to try to pick up some pointers for Nan on how to make my very own pizza (per Derek's request)  Thanks Nanny for the pointers....I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment