Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hope you had a Merry Little Christmas!

Derek and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  Our first Christmas together was amazing as expected.  We were surrounded by family and friends which is the best Christmas gift anyone could ask for.  SO....for today's weekly rundown I will share with you my 5 favorite things about this Christmas!

1.  I know I've mentioned this before....but I'll make sure you know!  I LOVE Sprinkles!  My mom knows this especially!  Just the other day, I broke in to their house and stole their stash of sprinkles (not joking at all).  So for Christmas my mom got me a whole canister of these "bits of sunshine!"  If you need some sprinkles....stop by!  I'll be glad to lend you some.


2.  I have some great friends...but for today's blog I will focus on 2 very special ones.  Diana and Emily.  I met these girls my sophomore year at App.  We pledged the same sorority, and instantly became great friends.  Emily and Diana both live in the western part of the state, which means we only get to see each other about once a year, twice if we are lucky.  Our friendship is amazing and I cherish it dearly.  We can go for weeks without talking and all of a sudden pick up right where we left off.  Emily will be having a little bundle of joy in May and I am SUPER excited!  I can't wait to deck him out in some Appalachian gear!  This year for Christmas, Diana and her husband Travis, sent Derek and I the sweetest package in the world.  (Diana thinks of everything)  This package of love contained, SPRINKLES, and some sweet ECU and App Gear!  When I opened this, I just couldn't stop thinking of what a lucky girl I am to have these girls in my life!
Thanks Guys!

Baby Pitts 

3.  I love our First Christmas Ornament!  During our honeymoon, Derek and I decided to pick up an ornament at some of the cool places we visited.  We got one in the Bahamas, at Kennedy Space Center, in Charleston, and a few more.  But...my favorite we purchased in Blowing Rock to remember our First Christmas!



4.  I love my "B Tree."  We have not one but 2 big Christmas trees.  One tree has all the ornaments from my Granny B's tree, hence "The B Tree."  When she was still alive, I would go over almost every Christmas and help decorate her tree.  Even if I was away at college she would wait until I got home to help.  She would tell me the story of each ornament as I hung them.  I was lucky enough to get her box of Christmas goodies when she passed away.  Now, every year I will have a part of Granny B near me at Christmas!


5.  I love the Ernest Movies!  Derek really listens to me...not long ago we were watching TV and I mentioned I hadn't seen the Ernest Movies in a while....I'm sure you all remember (Ernest Saves Christmas, Ernest Goes to Jail, Ernest goes to Camp....etc.)  So for Christmas, Mr. Husband of year got me not one people....BUT 3 Ernest Movies.  This jewel of a collection was probably my favorite gift this Christmas....besides the sprinkles of course.




One more thing....I have a special prayer request from you readers!  Derek's best buddy, Gardner who was in our wedding, has a sister who suffered a massive stroke on Christmas Eve and is fighting hard for her life.  I don't have a personal relationship with Hillarie but I met her a few times years ago and remember that she was such a sweet person.  Gardner and his wife Misty have been great friends to Derek and I.  Their parents are wonderful people as well, I've only met them a few times but they act like they've known me forever.  So if you will, please pray for a miracle recovery for Hillarie and strength for her family.  There is a facebook page "Praying for Hillarie Denning" started by one of her friends full of people praying for her.  Since the page was created, there were more than 3900 followers in less than 3 days, including Scotty McCreery.  Talk about amazing!  If you read the page, you will see what a wonderful person she is and how many lives she has touched over the years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment